Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Anzac letter

16 April 1917

1st RegimentHeadquarters
Paris
France

Dear Uncle,

I am so sorry for your friends who have died. I pray for them and I will pray for all of you. Yesterday I was trying to call you at the headquarters, but you were at the battlefield fighting and not giving up and that was like Jesus when he died for our sin's.

Today we are sending post cards to people I don’t really know but I picked you because they are soldiers fighting for our safety .These soldiers are part of the ANZAC force. I am desperate to contact you and find out more information about you and why did you go to the battlefield in WW1.

Uncle, you have been away so long in the war. do you remember how many of us are here, 4 members in my family plus me so that makes 5. I don't know how to contact you, but I'll keep trying until you get my connection with your phone. I can't believe that I am posting a letter to you now, and remember that you will always be in my heart no matter what.

Take care of yourself.
Your wonderful & beautiful niece :)
Nane

No comments:

Post a Comment